Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Heritage Road Trip


As a very very failed Penangite(Born and raised in Penang), I have never been to the most charming parts of town. I get hometown is really really awesome but I've never really gone to witness the awesomeness. Everybody even posted pictures on Instagram with street arts, if I'm not wrong just only recently drawn that attracted young people. Behold, the street artist, Ernest Zacharevic. Until one fine day since everybody has been so free after SPM, made plans with some friends to do something different for a change; Visiting Penang *epic music* xD

Got outta the house really early in the morning, then my mom dropped me to Li Chin's house. From there, that's where the fun starts. Took a bus to Weld Quay to meet up with the others. Zhi Hui brought us around, she is like our personal tour guide, she took us everywhere lol. We'd be super lost of it weren't for her.


Walked to this shop (i forgot where lol) to spare us from getting stressed out and tired for the trip, we rented bicycles! It took me a while to balance myself on a bike. Haven't been riding a bike for quite long, as long as I could recall I fell down while cycling in Stephanie's house, and that was like 7 years ago. 


Now, the highlight of the trip.



Yee Shuang, our model of the day ; MOTD
Li Chin and I


I just realized how awkward I am in the picture. from left to right : Gaik Chi, Gaik Theng, Yee Shuang, me , Ree Wen.


Okay, at least I'm responsible enough to state locations








Street art number 2,



Us!

These two; the netball experts


CHEW JETTY



Yee Shuang, Zhi Hui, Ree Wen







To be honest there really wasn't much at Chew Jetty. It has only houses on sea that sells soveneirs.


Yours Truly :)









Yee Shuang again 




Riding on a bike in town can be a bit stressful with cars everywhere and blocking certain cars, also having that fear you might get run over.
It was kinda dangerous. Then we made our way to Esplande. It's a huge piece of field where there aren't a lot of cars in the way. Riding with freedom pride :D
But first, played a while in the playground. 17 year olds being little kids

Attempted on trying out my photography skills.











By the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :)

No comments: